My Humidity-Proof Vacay Makeup Look - Bali Edition
Holidays are the best, aren't they? I just got back from a week in Bali and it was just so... relaxing. It was actually my first 'lounging by the pool' kind of holiday, Paul and I usually do city breaks and end up walking 50kms a day trying to see every last gallery, museum and historic ruin we possibly can before passing out in the hotel, so this was a refreshing change for me! Cocktails, massages, dips in the pool resulting in neon green hair - it was a blast.
I exercised great restraint while packing my makeup as I was determined not to make my usual mistake of bringing half my collection 'just in case', and I think I actually used every item I brought with me, a miracle for which I should be canonised.
Bali is in Indonesia, which has a very warm and humid tropical climate so makeup needs to be adapted to suit. Also, the whole vibe of the place is so relaxed that I felt like taking my makeup down a notch and keeping it low maintenance. Essentials for the trip included a bronzing mist called 'Tea to Tan' from Sunday Reilly, setting spray in the form of L'Oreal's Infallible Fixing Mist, and MAC's Relentlessly Red Lipstick, a matte coral-red that added effortlessly added a tropical pop to my face.
Shop the Post
Watch the tutorial
- Shu Uemura Block Booster SPF 50
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Light #2
- Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation, Bisque
- Laura Mercier Translucent Finishing Powder
- By Terry Tea to Tan
- Marc Jacobs Airblush 504 Kink & Kisses
- Eye of Horus Dual Brow Perfect, Dynasty
- Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Eyeshadow Palette
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Blacquer
- La Rose De Versailles Mascara
- MAC Relentlessly Red Lipstick
- Maybelline Lip Liner, 105 Nude Whisper
- Frank Body Smooth Body Balm
L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist